DAY 01: CUSCO – KM 82 – HUAYLLABAMBA
Very early in the morning we will pick you up at the hotel to transport you by bus to the km 82. Here we will be happy to know the team that will accompany you during the trek, porters, camp assistants, cooks, etc.; then we’ll begin the walk.
This first day is pretty easy the first kilometers. We will have a beautiful view of Veronica Mount (5,900 m.s.n.m.), walking alongside the Urubamba River, almost immediately we will find the archaeological sites of Q’ente, Pulpituyoc, Kusichaca and Patallaca, where we’ll have lunch to regain strength. Since that last point will continue the path along the left bank of Kusichaca river in the area with the same name where you will see a bridge, tombs, aqueducts, terraces roads to reach the small town of Huayllabamba (3,000 m ), Here will be the first camp.
This day walking approx. 5 to 6 hours.
DAY 02: HUAYLLABAMBA – WARMIWAÑUSCA – PACAYMAYO
After breakfast we start our walk , this day is perhaps the most difficult because we have to climb to the pass of Warmiwañusca to 4,200 m.a.s.l. , crossing through a beautiful forest of Queñua trees along which we have attractive views of the Andean landscape passing by Llulluchapampa ( 3,750 m) a typical plain of the region, then we’ll arrive to Warmiwañusca ( Quechua word that means passage of the dead woman ) this is the highest point of the whole trip, then we’ll descend to the Valley of Pacaymayo ( 3,620 meters) where we camp this night. From here we will see more of the extraordinary construction of the Inca Trail.
7 to 8 hours hike aprox.
DAY 03: PACAYMAYO -RUNKURAKAY – SAYACMARCA – WIÑAYWAYNA
After breakfast we’ll start our trek, this is one of the most beautiful days of the Inca Trail. You will visit the archaeological site of Runkurakay (3,800 meters), from where there is a spectacular view of the area, we will continue to the archaeological sites of Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca (quechua word that means above the clouds) and Wiñaywayna (means Forever young), which are joined by a wonderful original Inca path of white granite, among the lush vegetation of the forest. This day we will observe the remarkable balance achieved by the Incas and their environment. This night our camp site is located near the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (2,700 m.s.n.m.).
This day 8 hours hike approx.
Day 04: WIÑAYWAYNA – INTIPUNKU – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
This day we will get up early at 4:00 AM. After our breakfast, we’ll said goodbye to the porters because they return to Cusco with all the camping equipment.
This day the trek is through a dense rainforest vegetation towards the Sun Gate or Inti Punku, where we will have a spectacular panoramic view of the Machu Picchu Inca citadel. We are going to reach Machu Picchu at 7:00 am approx., once there we’ll have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu: food storages, temples, squares, royal tombs and more with architecture of exquisite level of perfection. Then you’ll have free time to take pictures and visit Machu Picchu on your own.
In the afternoon we will go back to Aguas Calientes by bus, and after we’ll take the train to Ollantaytambo, where our staff wait for you to take you to Cusco city.
- A guide to trek accredited to lead adventure trips.
- Hot meals during the tour (03 breakfasts, 03 lunches, 03 dinners) (optional vegetarian) meals.
- Transport from Cusco to kilometer 82
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city.
- Bathroom, kitchen and dining room tent
- Boiled water after the 2nd. day for drinking
- Tables and benches
- Support staff (porters camping equipment)
- Entrance ticket to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- First aid kit
- Oxygen Ball
- Sleeping Bag ($ 25.00 USD)
- Lunch fourth day.
- Tips for porters, cooks and guides.
PRICE PER PERSON
COST OF INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 4D / 3N
$ 499.00 USD PRICE PER PERSON. (Shared service)
Tourists with International Student Card (ISIC) get a special discount of $ 45.00 dollars, the cost of the tour.
– Special discounts for groups of more than “05 people”
To write queries email@example.com
YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag
- Mountain boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Clothing: shirts, comfortable shorts, bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun hat
- water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent (for Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medications (suggested by your doctor).
- Flashlight with extra batteries (Headlamps recommended)
- Some extra snacks (like chocolates, candies)